Saturday, November 29, 2014

Getting Started with Machine Quilting

Everyone knows that I am totally involved with making strip pieced blocks like log cabin, pineapple, hexagons. I teach classes in these techniques at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo www.sewingexpo.com and to quilt guilds everywhere. But did you know I also teach free motion machine quilting. Here are some photos from my recent workshop in Tinley Park, IL.

The next Sewing Expo is in Lakeland, Florida in early March. Hope to see you there.
Notice the smiles on everyone's face? Free motion machine quilting is really lots of fun. Also notice the Janome sewing machines...my favorite and my machine of choice.



Look at all the different designs being practiced in the class. These are all beginning free motion quilting. If they can accomplish it, you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment