Sunday, September 14, 2014

From Atlanta to Fredericksburg with the Sewing Expo

Quilting LIVE (the Sewing and Quilt Expo) was a huge success this past weekend in Atlanta. There were workshops, vendors and fantastic stage presentations with celebrity quilters like Mark Lapinski and Maryann Fons and Liz Porter. The quilts on exhibit were fantastic, so many quilts with such wonderful, imaginative designs and colors.

I was fortunate to be invited to do a stage presentation even though I am not the celebrity that Mark, Maryann and Liz are known to be. I was pleased to have a large audience and even hearty applause at the conclusion. I showed my Cut the Cake Hexies quilt that I brought along for my Saturday morning workshop. Here I am with Laura Meadows (left) and Tara Bartlett (right) at the end of my talk.

The next stop for the Sewing and Quilt Expo...Fredericksburg, VA, October 2-4  www.sewingexpo.com. I am teaching Curvy Log Cabin and Cut the Cake Hexies there, so sign up soon to get a seat in the workshop. I was in Fredericksburg last year and it is a great facility with many close by hotels. Gather up a couple of friends and take a mini-vacation to sew, sew, and shop. Quilting is in the air and there is much fun to be had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment